Welcome to episode 005 where we’ll discuss how to live in the energy cycle.
Here’s what is on this week’s Podcast…
Since so many of us are in the exhaustion cycle, we long for another way, a better way to live. And this is exactly what the energy cycle is all about!
The Energy Cycle is the solution to the problem of The Exhaustion Cycle.
In this episode, we’ll teach you How to Live In The Energy Cycle.
1:12 – Review of the 1st few episodes
Episode 001 – Six Compelling Reasons We Should Have An Energy Edge
Episode 002 – bpb interview and story
Episode 003 – there is a very real thing called The Exhaustion Cycle.
Episode 004 – Treva interview and story.
If you’ve missed any of these episodes, we encourage you to go back and listen to them for absolutely free.
1:51 – But before we dive into today’s content, a quick reminder, The Exhaustion Cycle is where we move from:
Busy – Can’t Stop Now | I’m hurried and my energy is dispersed
Beatdown – Can’t Take This | I’m now stressed and my energy is decreased
Burnout – Can’t Keep Going | I’m officially done and my energy is depleted
If you would like a copy, just go to www.EnergyEdgePodcast.com/EnergyCycle
3:34 – PHASE ONE- Rest Stop For Now
4:08 – When I rest, my My Energy is Recharged.
Recharge comes in two ways:
1. The Quick Hit Charge – plugging in to get a quick bump in energy
2. The Trickle Charge – the low amp, long duration full charge (patience sold separately)
5:12 – There are three parts to Rest:
1. SLEEP (5:15)
2. BREAKS (5:59)
Breaks = Move the Body / Rest the Mind.
3. MARGIN / DOWNTIME (8:27)
Margin means “space to breathe”
Downtime means “time to be” – it’s the non-doing part of the program
10:40 – PHASE TWO – Refuel – Put Back In
When I refuel, my My Energy is Renewed.
11:02 – There are three parts to Refuel:
1. Nutrition (11:04) – MTHC = Make the Healthiest Choice
2. Fitness (12:18)
Moving produces energy.
Standing or stretching
Running (think cardio)
Lifting (think strength training)
3. Personal Development (14:29)
Nutrition and Fitness recharge the body
Personal Development recharges the mind
Two words to describe how I define Personal Development = INTENTIONAL LEARNING
Develop a plan which I call PDP – Personal Development Plan.
15:13 – Here are Four C’s to better clarify a PDP:
1. Consume – this is what I read and hear on a daily basis – think books, blog posts, magazines, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.
2. Courses – for me this is online courses that help me continually develop
3. Coaching – hiring someone ahead of me for a season to get me where I want and need to go – often expensive but always worth it to me
4. Conferences – opportunity to learn and network with like-minded learners on the same journey
16:47 – PHASE THREE – Re-Engage – Get Back Out
When I’m refueled, my My Energy is Replenished.
Re-engage is when we “redesign the rhythms of our lives” to fit our individual lifestyle.
17:54 – There are three parts to Re-Engage:
1. Plan – this type of detail in Rest and Refuel doesn’t or shouldn’t happen on accident or just when you can “fit it in.” This requires a customized plan that works within the rhythms of your life.
Bryan Paul Buckley Coaching – Click Here
Treva Yaccino Coaching – Click Here
2. Implement – this is the “DO” part of the program. It’s not enough to “just have it on your schedule”
3. Evaluate – this is when we look at the plan and how we implemented it and ask:
* How’s it going?
* What worked?
* What didn’t?
* What can I change / tweak to make it better? = ADJUST
Blog Post Reference: CANI = Constant and Never Ending Improvement – CLICK HERE
19:25 – Episode Review:
1. Rest – Stop for Now = my energy is recharged through sleep / breaks / margin for downtime
2. Refuel – Put Back In = my energy is replenished through nutrition / fitness / personal development
3. Re-Engage – Get Back Out = my energy is renewed through planning / implementing / evaluating
Sleep Free Resource Guide (20:09)
We believe sleep is foundational to develop an energy edge. It’s challenging enough to be productive AND creative especially when you’re tired or even exhausted.
But what if you had a quick guide to give you a jumpstart, something to point you in the right direction?
That’s the exact reason for the sleep guide called Sleep Your Way to the Top: 10 Secrets to getting Better Sleep.
Download the free sleep guide here:
20:47 – ACTIONABLE ITEMS (What Now?)
1. How about we start with taking a break somewhere within your day to Move the Body and rest the mind
2. What is one thing you used to do for downtime that you’re not doing now (and you loved it) and that you could begin doing again?
21:37 – Next Episode Preview: 006 Interview – Terry Cralle, co-author of the book, Sleeping Your Way to the Top
23:00 – Bonus Option = Top Ten Tips to Slow Down by doing a Rate & Review then send a screenshot to Bryan@BryanPaulBuckley.com
Please Give a Rate & Review by Clicking HERE
Audio Editing and Production by Caleb Suwanski
Music by Kiernan McMullan – “Can’t Sit Still” from the album Common Sense